Monday, August 11, 2008

Call me Martha

I have a lot in common with Martha Stewart. I am very domestic, and I have neat tricks to share like she does. I also have a good recipe.

1. NEAT TRICK THAT WORKS, JUST NOT FOR ME REALLY

Sponges are petri dishes for bacteria. Do I want to clean my counters and/or dishes with a bacteria infested sponge? If you pop a dirty sponge (while wet) in the microwave for three minutes the bacteria is destroyed, and the sponge is again usable.

Yesterday I made delicious banana bread. The house smelled like a bakery. After I was done, I took my most recently soiled sponge and cooked it for what I thought was three minutes.

I guess I accidentally hit the 5 instead of the 3 and went on about my cleaning. A few minutes later, I realized my sponge was a charcoaled mess, smoking and hissing.

Charley is not convinced like I am that this process kills the germs, and I have burnt about 10 sponges as a result of this process I am still perfecting. Fortunately, he was taking a shower as I was setting the house afire, and I managed to light a lovely vanilla candle to mask the odor.

2. I HAVE A GOOD RECIPE LIKE MARTHA

Yummy chicken or turkey kashmiri

1 bottle Kashmiri Curry sauce from Lunds
1 small can tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can water chestnuts
1 can sliced potatoes
1 small bag or frozen peas
1 can coconut milk
1/2 pound ground turkey or 1-2 chicken breasts in small pieces

Strain everything.
Cook meat.
Place everything in a wok and cook over medium heat, uncovered, until tender(about 40 minutes).
Enjoy with brown rice or naan.
Eat with chopsticks for more fun.

No comments: