Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some people like airplane smell

Yesterday morning I spilled coffee all over the office desk, carpet, wall, and the computer keyboard at 4:30 in the morning. Of course, my first thought: What can I tell Charley happened instead of telling him what actually happened?

I even practiced in my head saying, "Gee, I don't know why the keyboard doesn't work," and "Gee, I don't know what that brown stuff is in between the keys. You were the last one to use it, hon."

I felt a huge sense of relief, however, after I mopped it all up and discovered the keyboard worked. Until I hit the the letter e and a 5 came up on the screen and then the letter t and a 9 appeared. The space bar also failed to work as did the @.

Honestly, this was not my first major spill on the keyboard, but it was the first time I had to confess.

On the bright side, our office has that stale coffee odor that you smell upon entering the craft, and I like it.

No comments: